Friday, January 1, 2010

The Finnish National Dish! (WARNING - Explicit Picture Below)

It took several men working non-stop for 10 min, but I finally have a photo of the national dish of Finland!* On boys night, we stopped during snowmobiling for a pizza. Nearly everyone ordered the Gloskär's special, so I did too. They tried to explain what was on it, but I didn't care...I wanted to bit a true Finn. The pizzas arrived (everyone had their own), and it was topped with what can only be described as a Willy Wonkaesq selection of toppings:

-Kebab (Gyro) meat
-Shrimp
-Bearnaise sauce (yes, Bearnaise sauce...the pizza was yellow)

I still have not gotten over the oddity of toppings. This is something I would come up with living in an apartment by myself with whatever ingredients I had lying around. I have to admit, however, it was very tasty! I nearly finished it. The crust was good too.





*No, this is not the national dish of Finland. I imagine, though, that this is what Uncle Tom was thinking of when he thought he wouldn't be able to find anything to eat over here.

No comments: